Audio in and out over Cat5

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Audio in and out over Cat5

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jason DeChristopher
    Jason DeChristopher
    Participant

I would love to elimante all the analog cables going across my stage from each ME1 stereo output. One Cat5 to each ME1 that would carry 40 channels to each mixer and a 2 channel stereo return of the mix back to our in ear rack.
    I know LiveMix integrated this into their mixers. Does Allen and Heath think this would not be a good feature?

If anything making this available for Dante would be a win in my book. Less cables less mess.

Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Yes please. This. 🙂
    Part of what has put me off getting me-1s for more of my tours is the messy minijack via pc di box to xlr and loom back to the iem rack! Especially when it is already so neat with me-u running p.o.e.
    Would gladly use my dm64 xlr outs to drive the iems if there was a digital loopback available.

Profile photo of GaryW
    GaryW
    Participant

Yes, this please!
    Am currently an Qu-Series user, but seriously considering the new SQ range.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

+1
    very good wish!

that’s exactly the problem I already had. if you could solve it, ME1 would be more interesting for mobile musicians with wireless InEar.
    you could simply install the ME1 anywhere on stage and supply it with only one cable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.