Audio feedback from Qu-Pac to iPad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Audio feedback from Qu-Pac to iPad

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Franck
    Franck
    Participant

Well, I think it needs more hardware, but let’s dream… The idea is to have the solo bus and/or the main mix bus on the headphone jack of the iPad, very useful for remote usage…
    And the very great thing is to have the mix bus on the jack output of the iphones or iPods connected for monitoring use with the Qu-you app.
    Today, if you need Wireless IEM, it costs almost 1000 euros…

Have a nice day !
    Franck

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Well, thomman do an IEM set for under 100 euros…

There are all sorts of issues using the iPad hardware, latency being a big one…

Profile photo of Franck
    Franck
    Participant

Yes, I know, I have one… quite awful !!! This system is sold to be a stereo system… But not. The noise is equal to the signal, etc… Well, it’s not an IEM, not enough efficency for using it in serious live conditions. “All sorts of issues using the iPad” ? I’m interested with that… Do you have any suggestions ? I don’t care about latency, because my usage of this feature is to monitoring during long recording session of concert, to check that everything is OK. That’s why I’ve suggested this feature for the Qu-Pac (and so for the GLDs …)
    Franck

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I have the TBone 75, it’s great – clear audio, no wires. Adjusting the volume pot is a bit noisy, but I tend to set and forget that anyway; the bundled earphones aren’t up to all that much either, but they’ll do for many tasks (including checking concert recordings…

If you don’t care about latency then you can get any old laptop and have it provide an icecast stream for the iPad to play over the WiFi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.