Audio delay for Live Stream

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Audio delay for Live Stream

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

OK – Try this:

https://imgur.com/WoVcOh5

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@eric,

Independent channel delay is part of the processing for all input and mix channels.
    For mixes, it is located in the Mix Ext In/Preamp/Setup section at the top of the channel strip as described here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf#page=26&zoom=auto,-361,29 .
    You can also choose the units you are using for channel delays in ‘Setup > Surface > Surface Prefs’.
    Note that input channels can be adjusted by single samples, and mixes can be adjusted by two samples (with the maximum delay of a mix being twice that of an input).
    12 samples is possible which @96kHz works out to be exactly 0.000125 seconds, or 0.125ms 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

Thank you Mark & Keith for your help. That solved the problem. I could see on the SQ-6 the available function
    for EQ and Compressor but the statement at the top “Mix Ext In Unassigned” resulted in me assuming (incorrectly)
    that there was no more configuration available. I should have spent some time tapping on the SQ-6 screen to see
    if anything happened! Younger people will tap all over a screen, when they are trying to figure out how to configure
    a function. I simply need to do that more! I also noticed if I had been using the iPad app I would have
    seen immediately the delay value for adjustment! Oh well. Looks like our new live stream setup is going to require
    around .20ms to sync the lip movement.

Thank you again.
    Eric

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

at frame rates of 50Hz a frame has 20ms
    if your video gear has a calculation time of one frame then 20ms are perfect

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.