Attempt to play MP3 files thru USB-B – format is not supported

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Attempt to play MP3 files thru USB-B – format is not supported

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AndreyMaslov AndreyMaslov 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AndreyMaslov
    AndreyMaslov
    Participant

I tried to play set of MP3 files thru USB-B using VLC, foobar, etc.
    When I switch to SQ speakers driver I’m always getting this message, seems like SQ declines playback. Is it possible to do , without up sampling to 96, etc?

Profile photo of JTRJAMMER
    JTRJAMMER
    Participant

It’s using core audio and you would think it requires 96kHz/24-bit wave files, but I’ve had something interest results. Seems to play anything out of iTunes including mp3’s. Youtube plays if it has a high res like 1080p option for the video, but low res I just get noise. It could be something with how a particular app uses the OS X core audio, mahybe somewhere an upsample or file conversion that not all apps access? Anyone else or A&H have any insight into the interworkings of audio file formats, sample rates, and core audio with the USB-B interface?

Profile photo of JTRJAMMER
    JTRJAMMER
    Participant

Of course after I posted I noticed your comment “SQ speakers driver” so are you using Windows? If so, disregard everything I said, maybe somebody with WIN experience and SQ can comment.

Profile photo of Seamusic
    Seamusic
    Participant

By default Windows configures SQ as a mono speaker system, which will then cause nearly everything (VLC, Foobar, Spotify etc.) to abort playback. To fix this go to the Sound->Playback menu, find the SQ and click Configure. From there you should be able to set it as a stereo output. Just make sure you have the latest drivers/latest SQ firmware as until 1.3.1 there was an issue with glitches on USB audio streaming on Windows.

AndreyMaslov
    Participant

Seamusic : Great , will try overnight

AndreyMaslov
    Participant

Update – yes, that was a problem, work fine now. I’ve seen Stereo being mentioned before, bu dind’t expect it could fix “Unsupported format” problem. Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.