assigning per-channel mix sends to custom layer

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions assigning per-channel mix sends to custom layer

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rexy Rexy 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaveMaker
    WaveMaker
    Participant

According to the documentation I have, I can’t assign a basic user to manage the per-channel levels being sent to a mix via custom layer. Is this true? I was hoping to give a second iPad to my rather untrained A2 to play with only mix 5-6. I need him to be able to alter the levels of each channel going into this mix WITHOUT being able to do much else. Very disappointed if this is impossible with the Qu16 I otherwise love.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

True you can not assign a channels mix send levels to a custom layer…….but download the Allen Heath “QU You” app and that app does exactly what you want.

Profile photo of Hoody
    Hoody
    Participant

How about QU-control. Great App which allows you to assign basic functions with big buttons! You can lock the setup once you have configured it to your liking. You can even drag the ICOn order around!

Profile photo of Hoody
    Hoody
    Participant

Mixing station for A& H on Android is pretty dam good too.

Profile photo of WaveMaker
    WaveMaker
    Participant

This is a good idea – I will try out this app to make sure it does not allow the user to change things outside the assigned mix. Thanks!

Profile photo of Rexy
    Rexy
    Participant

The QU-YOU app as MikeC says does the exact job you want. I use it for my people who have IEM’s and they can only adjust their assigned mix and nothing else.

Rex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.