assigning input channels

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions assigning input channels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Bob 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Media Man
    Media Man
    Participant

I am building a new PA installation at a church and have been given a GLD-80 to re-purpose. There are no manuals and no wi-fi at this location. I have downloaded the manual, but it’s not super-friendly.

I have a music playback device plugged into a couple of channels, but it plays back through the stereo output even though the faders are down.

I can’t figure out how to assign or un-assign channels to the stereo bus outputs, and I can’t figure out how to assign input channels to the center output. We have a left-center-right configuration.

I must have made some sort of assignment mistake to allow audio to playback through the stereo output when the faders I plugged them into are all the way down.

Help.

Media Man

Profile photo of Eelke
    Eelke
    Participant

To send the channels to a given output you have two options:
    1) press the MIX button of the output channel and adjust the fader of the input channel to the desired level
    – in this mode the faders of all input channels will reflect how much is assigned to the selected output

2) press the MIX button of the input channel and adjust the fader of the output channel to the desired level
    – in this mode the faders of all output channels will reflect how much of the selected input is routed to all output channels

If you use the L C R type of Main (in Setup->Config->Mixer Config), The left, center and right outputs are always selected at the same time. The MIX LED of both outputs will be both turn on when pressing MIX on either the Main or C output channel. You can use the pan of the input channel to assign it to a output (or somewhere in between L, C or R).
    If you want separate control of your center speaker, you may want to use the LR + M type of Main. In this mode, the M output can have a completely different mix.

Feel free to upload the scene (by saving to USB) here such that we could take a look.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

If you have time, take a look at the youtube videos.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Recall one of the default factory show files and start from there.

Chris

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Did you download the “Touch Screen Reference” manual as well as the user guide? The touch screen reference guide has much more specific information it it about the software side of things.

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Here an a non-A&H series of videos that I have found helpful

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.