Assignable outputs for AR2412

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Assignable outputs for AR2412

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ofstreams ofstreams 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

Please let me know if this has been covered, I couldn’t find it.
    “These outputs have a fixed mapping as shown here and are not patchable.”
    Apparently, the 12 returns for the AR2412 are predetermined as aux1-10 and L&R. I rarely use more than 6 aux outs, and it would be great if we could reassign these for sub groups, matrixes, etc. Any word on a future update?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hmmmmmm

Mix1-10 and LR are available from AR2412 rack
    sockets 1-12 (L=11, R=12). MTX1-2 and 3-4 outputs
    are available on an AR84 plugged into the AR2412
    EXPANDER port.

Certainly rather an expensive way of getting Matrix outputs to the stage & still no support for groups.

But it dose keep things relatively simple & that’s part of the appeal of the Qu series as I see it. I don’t want to have to check where my outputs (or inputs for that matter) are patched to every time I set the desk up (though, not too big a problem if it’s only me using it).

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

How far do people want Qu to go in undermining the GLD range? As MarkPAman said, this desk was designed to be a simple, fixed format mixer. The more complex this mixer is made, the more it will alienate the casual user.

It sounds more like people should be asking for a 19″ GLD than pumping more and more steroids into Qu.

ofstreams
    Participant

It sounds like you’re saying that people should just stop posting in the feature suggestion forum. Perhaps you should just stop reading it if it’s only going to get on your nerves. Just a thought.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

I never said I was against any new feature going in. I’m just worried about making the signal flow too complicated to follow for casual users.

Read my post properly next time. Just a thought.

ofstreams
    Participant

I did read it properly. While I appreciate your concerns for those who would rather keep it simple, I was commenting on the tone of these statements:
    “How far do people want Qu to go in undermining the GLD range?”
    “It sounds more like people should be asking for a 19″ GLD than pumping more and more steroids into Qu.”

I was simply offering feature suggestions in the feature suggestion forum, & you felt the need to shoot them down. Sorry for urinating in your breakfast cereal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.