Assign output with mix output

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Assign output with mix output

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Val Val 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Val
    Val
    Participant

Hello,
    I just bought an Allen and Heath Qu16. I am working with Reaper on Windows 10 and am having trouble reamping.

I connected an XLR cable to Output 3 of the QU16 and assigned Channeul out 3 on Reaper but I have no outgoing signal

Can you enlighten me or help me?

Thanking you in advance,

Val’

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

How are you connecting mono mix3 out to the PC?
    What does that xlr connected to mix3 output connect to and how does it connect?

Can you hear the mix3 out when you monitor it at the Qu?
    Have you sent the Qu channel strip signals to mix3 and unmuted and raised the faders?

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-16-block-diagram_V1.8_1.pdf

Without more information I would blame windoze 10 and its drivers.
    Can you receive signal into Reaper from other devices?

Profile photo of Val
    Val
    Participant

Hello,

I thank you for your answer,

On Reaper, I indicated channel 3 for the DI signal output but I have no sounds. I connected an XLR cable to Mix Output 3

I can’t find the solution to send the signal through Mix Output 3

You will see attached the photo of the cable connection and the routing on the QU16

Then I use the QU serial driver and it works well

Regards,

Valentin

Profile photo of Val
    Val
    Participant

Then I use the QU serial driver and it works well

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    volounteer
    Participant

when you push the mix3 button, and plug in your headphones on the Qu, and turn the volume knob to the right, do you hear anything?

volounteer
    Participant

also your picture shows you are trying to use usb not the mix output and
    your cables are in mix1 and mix2 not in mix3 as OP said and they do NOT have usb outputs on them

Try this for more info on how to do whatever it is you are actually trying to do
    https://community.allen-heath.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Qu-16-User-Guide-AP9031_2.pdf

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

First of all if you select a mix and want to listen to the selected you need to hit the PAFL button on the mix master and with headphone plugged in you will hear whats on that mix.

You do have a cable plugged into the mix 3 output on the mixer, where is the the other
    end of that cable connected to?

If you are using the USB B connection for your output to the computer and you actualy want to send your mix 3 to the computer using track 3 on the USB you will need to change that to mix 3. Touch the #3 block and use the encoder knob to scroll through the choices till you get to mix 3 and then hit apply.

Profile photo of Val
    Val
    Participant

Hello,

I have no sounds in the Mix output 3 :/

Profile photo of Val
    Val
    Participant

Hello,

I have XLR cables plugged into mix output 1 – 2 – 3

How to assign the mix output 3 to perform a reamping?

I am lost there

Profile photo of Val
    Val
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your message,

My XLR cable is connected to reamp box to perform the reamping,

In the source menu, you cannot go down to Mix 3 except in the Patch -> Monitor or USB Audio menu

Val’

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Val
    The USB patching to the Qu is carried out at the computer and the channels you patch to will appear on the Qu at the USB-B input for the matching channel number.
    e.g. If you patch to USB channel 5, then switch the input source for input channel 5 to USB-B you will receive signal from the computer.
    Then it works like any other input channel, as USB-B is just a source for that channel in the same way as Local (built-in sockets) or dSnake (remote sockets).
    The outputs of the Qu are labelled with the output/mix channel which feeds them.

So in this case you need to send the input channel you’ve patched to back out to Mix3.
    For example:

1. Patch computer output to USB channel 1
    2. Switch Qu input channel 1 to be sourced from USB-B – press the ‘Fn’ key when viewing the preamp screen of any channel to see all sources, ensure that USB-B is selected as the USB input type (rather than Qu-Drive), touch the channel 1 box and change this to USB-B
    3. Press the Blue Mix 3 key to show sends on faders for Mix 3
    4. Turn up input channel 1 and the Mix 3 master level

(Processing before you send the signal out from the Qu on either the input channel or the mix is optional, but presumably you’re using a DI signal and want to keep it as close to the original as possible so you could also just turn all processing off)
    Cheers!
    Keith.

volounteer
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-16-block-diagram_V1.8_1.pdf
    where is the reamp device and pc and how do they connect to the qu? –

https://community.allen-heath.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Qu-16-User-Guide-AP9031_2.pdf
    see page 42

assigning to mix –

Qu16 overview – good reference

Profile photo of Val
    Val
    Participant

Hello @KeithJ A&H,

I thank you for your message, I understood better the way to assign,

I solved my problem, it was a misunderstanding to assign a slice with the layers,

I thank you for your time and your answers,

Yours,

Val’

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.