Assign Group to LR+M

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Assign Group to LR+M

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AvantisUser1000
    AvantisUser1000
    Participant

Avantis is setup to use LR+M where LR is the mains left and right and M is the subs.
    I have a stereo group for drums. This group is then assigned to LR and to M, but nothing is coming through on M.
    What am I missing.
    One thing that I notice is that where I assign the group to LR on the Routing – Groups page, there is a rotary control that shows the level, but where I assign the group to M, there isn’t a rotary control for level.
    But if I use “Mix” button to change the send level from the group to M, it also changes for LR, which tells me it should work.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

There is no “send” level from the group to L&R or M. This is on or off only.
    The level you see is the level of the group master fader.

Profile photo of AvantisUser1000
    AvantisUser1000
    Participant

Thank you, so what you say is that I can send from the “drum” GROUP to LR and M as an on/off only, for both LR and M.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Thank you, so what you say is that I can send from the “drum” GROUP to LR and M as an on/off only, for both LR and M.

Correct. Your drum group fader would control the volume in the LR and M matrixes. However you can’t send more drum group to the LR than you do your M matrix the way this is set up – it will always be equal volume across the two matrixes based on the group fader position.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.