Are all aux's still available when using ME system?

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Are all aux's still available when using ME system?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blynn894 blynn894 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of blynn894
    blynn894
    Participant

I am wondering if we go with the ME 500 system for our worship team does using them take away any of the aux’s available on the QU 32? Or is this an entirely separate system?

I hope this makes sense, I’ve seen similar questions but I don’t think I ever saw the answer I was looking for.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

ME system takes the signals you route to it and mixes it separetedly together to the output

it is possible to send only chanel signals, but ME500 is limited to 16 stereo or mono signals,
    so it makes sense to summ up some channels in the QU and use an stereo aux for it

blynn894
    Participant

Ok, I do understand that. But what I’m asking is when using either the ME 1 or ME 500 system, does the console (QU32) still have the access to and the ability to using the 12 Mix outs on the board?

Thanks for you input

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

The Short answer is YES. The MEs do not use a console Mix out.

Heck, you could have any number of MEs feeding each player in a symphony orchestra, and still have those other 12 mixouts to feed FOH, wedges, sidefills, whatever.

I personally came to the conclusion that I’d rather pay more for an ME-1 than an Me-500, but that is another discussion.

blynn894
    Participant

Thanks for that answer Barryjam, and I am definitely leaning towards the ME-1’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.