AR2412 to PoE switch to me-500

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions AR2412 to PoE switch to me-500

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jak2555
    Jak2555
    Participant

Hello,
    Does anyone have any experience with running a third party PoE switch out of the AR2412 stage box to run ME-500 personal mixers?
    I wasn’t able to find anything specific to that…
    Would it be possible to connect the PoE switch to the Monitor or Expander port on the AR2412 and then multiple ME-500 to the PoE switch?
    Or should the switch be placed between the QU mixer and the dSnake port on the AR2412?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes it’s possible, and it has to be an 100MBit switch

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @Jak2555

A&H protocols are layer 2 which means the units are not addressed and so you wouldn’t be able to split out the signals between the Qu and the AR2412, but you can use a PoE switch directly before a ME or multiple ME units. i.e. wherever a ME unit could be connected, including the Monitor or Expander port of the AR2412 as you say.

https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403292650641-ME-Compatibility-with-third-party-switch

It would need to be a fast ethernet 100MBit switch if connecting to an SLink port (as if the SLink port detects a gigabit connection it will automatically go into gigaACE mode), but connecting from the monitor output of an AR2412 you should be fine.

Cheers!
    Keith.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.