AR2412 Monitor out to run another QU for a monitor desk

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions AR2412 Monitor out to run another QU for a monitor desk

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of King Julian
    King Julian
    Participant

I’ve seen some commentary/posts about my problem but it’s a little old so I think I’ll repost to see if there has been any changes.

The company I work for has multiple QU series mixers. We’d love to be able to run the AR2412 and the AB168 digital snake boxes to the FOH QU and run a separate monitor QU out of the AR2412 Monitor out. I have tested this concept and the second QU does not see the stream from the stage box from the Monitor output.

Man this would be a cool feature – running two QU-32’s (FOH and MON) off of one stage box. It’d really raise the playing field on the QU series.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Yeah, that would be a clean solution 😍 The next best thing is a splitter close to the monitordesk I guess ?

Giga

King Julian
    Participant

Do you have a splitter you can recommend? I’m not sure that works. How would the AR interpret all the output. Would it be master/slave?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hate to be that bearer of bad news but…
    Yes this has been discussed inside out.
    The answer is this will not happen with the QU series of desks.
    Do your self a favour and buy a rack of mic splitters.
    They will last you easily years of use.
    OR get some large Ipad Pros and use those for running monitors.
    Even large concerts still use analogue mic splitters.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or get a GLD, iLive or dLive that feature digital splits etc.

The QU isn’t in that market.

King Julian
    Participant

Should be. They’d blow X32 away if they had this feature. It seems to me that it’s one firmware update away if they wanted it to be.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Do you REALLY think it’s that simple?

The simple thing is to buy an analog splitter to use on stage. I make back the purchase price of my 24 channel splitter box every year renting to friends when I’m not using it.

King Julian
    Participant

I have a copper splitter. 3way for that matter.

As an A&H repair tech/repair center, a dealer and someone who has watched all the upgraded they’ve made since the QUs release it is that simple. They just have to want to do it.

Dick Rees
    Participant

If you’re capable of verifying it can be done, be our guest. Do it. But there can be zerp latency…

King Julian
    Participant

They’ve added automatics Mic mixing, DCAs, ducducking, groups as mixes, why wouldn’t they be able to update a simple communication protocol. Seriously, they are missing out on a good part of the market by not addressing this problem.

Dick Rees
    Participant

Seriously, they are missing out on a good part of the market by not addressing this problem.

No, they are not. If it’s a problem for you, upgrade to the A&H consoles that have the feature you so desperately need or get a splitter box.

It’s not rocket surgery…

King Julian
    Participant

Don’t be an ass. I’m a consumer. I’m making a suggestion on how to improve their product. If you don’t agree them just shut the fuck up.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

one issue is that if you add all the features to the base model then why would anyone upgrade.

There are marketing as well as technical reasons that it does t work.

(The technical reason being that the QU series can’t be a clock slave – and that may we’ll be a hardware issue)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.