AR2412

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wing2015
    wing2015
    Participant

Is it possible to connect the following: QU24 to Allen Heath AR2412 then connect to an ME-1 and then connect that ME-1 to another ME-1? and that the ME-1’s are still able to operate separately allowing the musicians to create their own mix??

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

yes

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

the price has been dropped on this? Even cheaper than AB168!

wing2015
    Participant

Thanks. So would I even need the AR2412 to begin with? OR could I just run a CAT5 cable from the mixer to the ME-1?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You can run a ME-1 directly from a Qu, yes.

wing2015
    Participant

Thank you. And to be clear, every ME-1 would still have all the capabilities even if they were daisy-chained to one another? Like from the QU to ME-1 for keyboard player into a ME-1 for the drummer. Would both musicians be able to separately control their ME-1 for what they want to hear individually?
    -Thanks.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

why are they cheaper they have more inputs and outputs

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

The only capability lost from daisy chaining is the PoE powering. PoE has to be starred from a ME-U or PoE capable switch.

Each ME-1 creates its own individual mix from the 40 channels coming down the wire.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

Id really like to know why are they cheaper then the 16×8

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@topdj: Are you asking for the ME-1 or the AR2412?
    The ME-1 does not have many IO and only provides internal mixdown from 40 incoming streams.
    And, yes, the AR2412 recently had a significant price drop (at least in US), and you get more IO for less money compared to the AB168. The AB168 has phantom power LEDs per socket and comes in a rugged box, while the AR2412 is better mounted in a rack…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I will be getting a 2412 soon The only reason I think they dropped is the x32 rack boxes prices

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

hmm, would be interesting what’s stated as Made in… on your new unit…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

my 16 is UK my 24 is China, my 16 has a network heat issue took me a while to isolate it. I want a qu32 but My dealer says get an x32 cheap like 2199, I have always not been a fan of beringer. not sure how much better the m32 is but I think the Qu32 is a solid performer.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

at least x32/m32 and Qu32 follow totally different ideologies regarding workflow. I personally like the 1:1 relationship between faders and channels. No need to plan layer assignments and later check colorful mini-displays to verify I’m on the correct channel. GLD and iLive are too complicated for my brain as well… 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.