AR2412 by GLD and QU

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions AR2412 by GLD and QU

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

Hi,

In manual for GLD and QU is usable stagebox AR2412. The GLD and QU have different firmware.

Is possible use the same AR2412 for GLD and QU? (Small job QU and bigger job GLD).
    Will be firmware by the every change updated?

Thanks
    Jan

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Not quite sure what you are asking about here..

In this post [as below] we discussed firmware for and between the GLD and QU
    Apparently firmware updating for using AR with QU is irrelevant.

AR2412 Link Error – Digital Snake not working?

The reply from A&H says: it doesn’t matter for the QU…
    and from another posting I remember A&H saying that the AR2412 will work right back to the original QU version 1.1
    I don’t have a GLD system so can not plug any of the AR equipment in.

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

dhak, thanks for link.

A&H says in this link (i copy it complet here): “When an AR is connected to a GLD the AR firmware is ‘synchronised’ with the GLD’s mixer firmware. To all intents and purposes the ‘firmware’ that is sent to the AR (via the GLD) is irrelevant for Qu operation, it is GLD specific.

Accordingly you don’t need to ‘update’ an AR rack for use with the Qu series – it will work out of the box – and as such there is no benefit to be obtained by occasionally connecting an AR with a GLD if you only intend to use it with a Qu!”

j

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have used the 2412 with both mixers. No problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.