AR24 to network switch

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions AR24 to network switch

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peeta
    peeta
    Participant

We are looking into buying a GLD 80 and AR2412, but we are wanting to do different FOH locations. Can I run my AR2412 through a normal network switch to get those different locations in the room without anything messing up/ or at all? Thanks Peter

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Why different locations? You should choose a location for best overall hearing. In the middle preferably especially if stereo. Not past critical distance in the room. Find it. Stick with it. That is your reference point. If you need/want to move around put a wifi router on it and walk around with an iPad.

Profile photo of peeta
    peeta
    Participant

We can’t always have it in the middle of the room, due to it being a Fellowship Hall and the only time it will be in the middle is one night of the week, any other time it will be in a far back corner due to other events happening in the room, and we’re wanting to be able to use it in those other locations during dinners, receptions, fairs, ect. Any time there will be a concert of musical event, it will be positioned in the middle.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Run CAT? cables to all locations. Have them labeled at the stage box. Patch as needed. I have done that in a multipurpose room. Same situation.

Profile photo of peeta
    peeta
    Participant

We planned on running CAT to all 3 locations, actually 2 cables 2 to each location for redundancy, but instead of repatching all the time and making it volunteer friendly, we wanted to use a switch.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

Have a look at Nicola’s response in this thread:

dSNAKE and multiplepatch points…

Apparently, any fast layer 2 (i.e., non-managed) switch should work. Might want to try it out with patch cables before spending a bunch of time pulling stuff through walls though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.