AR 2412 preamps

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions AR 2412 preamps

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thunderbass1 Thunderbass1 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Just wondering how the preamps in the AR2412 sat against the preamps in the QU, GLD and iLive/iDR series?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

What sort of metric were you after? The Qu local preamps are the only digitally controlled padless pres. Other than that, I’d say there’s little else in it.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Hi Mervaka,
    I was wondering if there would be any perceived enhancement by using the AR preamps, rather than the QU preamps, where both were available.
    I know the iLive/iDR is more expensive but the GLD and QU are newer, just wondering how they sit together in a sonic hierarchy.
    I’m taking it that since the AR preamps are from a mixer range higher up the price ladder, they may in some way be “better”?
    Don’t get me wrong, this is just idle curiosity on my part, I’m not hearing anything I don’t like on the QU and I probably wouldn’t hear a difference between the preamps anyway!
    I obviously have too much time on my hands…..;)

Profile photo of Thunderbass1
    Thunderbass1
    Participant

I have the same thoughts, it would help justify me buying an ar0804 and a snake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.