Anyway to turn off reverb using a footswitch on vocal channel/s when talking?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Anyway to turn off reverb using a footswitch on vocal channel/s when talking?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Anyway to turn off reverb using a footswitch on vocal channel/s when talking inbetween songs?

I assume not?

I really cant walk over to the desk prior to talking to the audience each time.
    Yes, I guess I could use the iPad, but I really dont like having the iPad attached to the mic stand as I move around a heck of a lot on stage and it gets knocked over quite often.

Profile photo of ambulance23
    ambulance23
    Participant

nop, you can do it with the ipad, so far as I know there is no other option

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Please search for one of my blogs offering a solution, our techie is in the final stages of building a bespoke pedal that will connect via the network port on the rear of the QU series giving you the ability of muting the FX.

He will be building 6 pedals in total intially to gauge interest, I will keep everyone updated on this, but for the moment I have to use my iPad to mute the FX, not ideal but it works for the timebeing.

🙂

coffee_king
    Participant

Sounds interesting but I already use the network port for my router.
    Could you ask your guy what the solution to this would be then please?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Could you run a second mic, maybe through a foot switch, and run a ducking gate in the FX keyed from the second mic (which wouldn’t need to be played anywhere)?

Even a second feed from the same mic – a y cable or split it in a custom footswitch

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Run a mix out to an external verb or delay and footswitch that. Return it back on a channel.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Apologies – doesn’t look like the QU series supports keying a gate from another channel. Shame, I just used this to good effect at church on an m300

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Until A&H make the QU series except multiple devices there is no other better option (in my opinion), why have a desk full of good FX’s only to route your signal to an external unit? I did think of that before buying but soon disregarded it.

🙂

coffee_king
    Participant

Hi
    I dont want to use any external effects. One of the main reasons I bought the QU16 was for its effects.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Reading around it looks like a USB midi signal could be used alongside the iPad over ethernet.

If so then a simple “mute” button on a smartphone connecting to something like a Raspberry Pi (other cheap computers exist, particularly one you already have) could do the trick, given a Raspberry Pi on stage of course a simple footswitch on a GPIO pin could do the same job.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.