Anyone using TCP Midi for anything interesting?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Anyone using TCP Midi for anything interesting?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

No, that’s true – you need something between touchOSC and the MIDI NRPN to moderate communications. (Which is why I use Osculator.) In a windows environment I’d be willing to bet you could use Reaper as that intermediary. TouchOSC definitely works with it, and Reaper can handle NRPN natively IIRC.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I would like to see (like Yamaha has) a completely SYSEX-based MIDI implentation, instead of a combination of PC/SYSEX/CC/NRPN messages. A messsage for every parameter on the console as well – there are many parameters not implemented. I know that the communication of every parameter is already implemented in whatever method the console uses to speak to iPads, Director, surfaces, etc… It should be easy enough to translate those messages to SYSEX and OSC.

Anyone ever “sniffed” the communication between the MixRack and controller?

+1 for OSC. OSC would be phenomenally useful to have integrated natively.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.