Anyone used a BCF2000 with a QU?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Anyone used a BCF2000 with a QU?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

the iPad is great, but I do sometimes miss faders…

I am wondering if I could encourage a BCF2k (unless there is a cheaper controller) to act as a remote for 8 faders, and probably put a couple of controls (FX send and FOH master level) on rotary controllers.

I’m thinking it would probably go via computer(s) to go in through the USB port unless multiple iPad control is coming…
    If we get multiple TCP sessions then I’m instantly wondering if there is room for a raspberry Pi inside the BCF…

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

If you want a fixed remote position, why not buy an audio rack?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Cost and cables…

Also might be nice option for QuPac users.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Even so, you can buy an analogue multicore for the cost of a BCF2000.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thats interesting you talk about using a BCF
    I came within a nats whisker of buying one to use with my mac book pro to control faders and the like within Reaper however that was with my GSR24M desk.
    I suddenly realised that I already had a midi controller being the QU16. So I used that solely as a midi controller via ethernet into Mac Book Pro.
    Of course I use QU16 for jobs as well.

And now that you mention a fader bank… YES maybe that would be a great piece of apparatus for the QuPac?
    I think we discussed before about using an out=board fader bank scenario? One of A&H PL10? but from memory after asking an installer here in NZ that is a dumb unit and only for the IDR system?
    I could be wrong there?
    I spent all day working on a QU32 custom layer yesterday designing what faders I want where, to do what for some live shows I have coming up.
    And came to the conclusion: why dont they (A&H) make a 40 channel surface with only 30 inputs. The rest as programable faders? (I heard the dsnake is capable of 40 channels)
    Any how I deviated from your original post.
    I experimented for a few days with QU16 and mac(USB-B) and iPad
    The audio is passed both ways in the USB-b port (when USB is set to insert) I couldn’t get any audio out of the Net work port but definitely get midi commands both in/out into my MacBookPro (via ethernet) at the same time as audio in/out of USB-B port

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Ditching the analogue multicore is one reason I have a QU…

Really don’t want to go back to that…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Its a year since my last time using 3xQU 16s’ side by side.

I have the same multiband line ups where I require full mic up of complete band including probably 3 brass and 3 acoustic guitars with DI’s and congas elec GTR double key.
    6 vox. Maybe I can do skul-dugary and squeeze it into 26 channels?
    I like surface area with subgroups on top and also reverbs and tap delay fader all on one surface. (just like the big guys do with their huge Midas desks at WOMAD
    I have planned out the track chart and have 6 fader strips left for groups and EFX.
    The like the idea of an outboard controller (BFC2000) would be great to control non mic inputs!
    There are always surprises where someone will want something else plugged in! with no more channels to spare, I do have the 3 stereo returns but can not access them from and AR box from the channels I sacrificed to get my subgroups and EFX returns, unless I run an analog multi-core into the ST 1&2 inputs.
    “an input patch bay system would help’?

So from your original Post about Using a BCF with a QU
    No others have come forward for discussion?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Noone – although I have been reading a little bit more and have realised that the iPad supports MIDI/USB with the camera connector.

So it should be possible to add support directly to QuPad…
    Plug in a midi fader bank and the faders follow the screen – the BCF is externally powered, so it wouldn’t even be a battery drain…

Personally I think that would be an awesome addition, with two instances of QuPad allowed I could even leave one “tied” to the BCF.
    Of course the QuPad interface could then have a “select” button, and wouldn’t need a fader bank in the same way (master fader still needed) so could allow for a larger “top” pane (or of course it could just leave the faders there, use one of the hardware buttons as a channel selection option…

One thing I really don’t know is how different all the various controllers are – is it a case of “build for one, you’ve built them all” or are they all sufficiently different that it’s alot of work for each controller…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.