Any Way To Set Date?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Any Way To Set Date?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of avalanchis
    avalanchis
    Participant

Is there some way to set the date on my QU-16 mixer so that the .WAV files that are stored to the USB drive have the correct date/time?

Thanks!

Alan

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I don’t think the QU *has* a concept of date, so no, not really….

It has been requested – I suggested that grabbing the time from a connected QuPad would be a good idea.

One of the simplest thing to test this theory is to make multiple recordings, they always have a zero time stamp…

avalanchis
    Participant

OK, thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing it somewhere.

It’s really odd finding your files are dated 1969 or whatever.

We’ve taken to announcing the date at the start of our recording sessions so we can figure it out later.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

yea, 1969 was a hoot when I saw that on my Qu24 files

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

1969 is the year Allen & Heath started…”Allen & Heath was in the vanguard of the first wave of great British mixer companies, starting life at the heart of London’s swinging music scene in 1969. In those early days Allen & Heath hand built mixers for the top bands of the era, including Genesis, Pink Floyd and The Who.”

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

I’m surprised its 1969. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it were 1st jan 1970 since that is time zero in Unix time (00:00:00 UTC).

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

You’re assuming it’s a unix system.

I suspect the date is simply unset, pretty sure the mac shows it as 1980

avalanchis
    Participant

Unix date/time is pretty much the standard for all computers these days. Windows, Mac, whatever. Mac OS X is based on unix.

My mac shows it as 1969.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

BSD to be picky 😉

The QU runs a home brew though, so anything goes. I’d like it to take a time stamp from a connected QuPad if available, but hey – it does the job

Profile photo of Lukree
    Lukree
    Participant

Damn, it really sucks when trying to find relevant files later from the usb stick when all the files are dated 1970. You’d think that it would be harder to save the files WITHOUT some sort of date nowadays. Really hoping that there would be a firmware update for this.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I’ve started recording multitrack with Tracks Live on a laptop. I attach the portable hard drive I was previously using for the qu-drive, to the laptop, and point the Tracks Live project to it. I use the date as the project name and wavs are dated. I created a template that has all the channels named and armed for recording so I just have to load Tracks Live, select the template, name the project, and hit record. The wav files are named the same as the channel names. The added bonus is I can record all 24 tracks of our qu-24 if needed.

Profile photo of Lukree
    Lukree
    Participant

It totally defeats the purpose I got this mixer for – multitrack recording easily without a laptop! 😀

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

We got our qu-24 for its reputation and ease of migrating from an analog board to digital. The qu-drive was a bonus. I used qu-drive for several years with no problems. We recently replaced our Windows 7 laptop, so since we were no longer using it, I thought I’d try out Tracks Live. It worked great, so that’s what I use now. I understand not everyone wants or can use a laptop. Regarding dates on the qu-drive wav files, maybe use sticky notes to keep track of dates for the qu-drive recording session folders. A little old school, but hey, whatever works.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

It only takes me a few seconds to “Rename N items” once I have access to files from a computer. I usually replace the start of the file name, and end up with something like:
    “YYMMDD_NAME_###”.
    ### being track number from the QuDrive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.