Any gooseneck talkback mic recommendation for Qu?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Any gooseneck talkback mic recommendation for Qu?

This topic contains 56 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Headset seems pretty close a vhf lapel mic. It should work just fine.

If it’s cabled then don’t walk off with it attached…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Not with this console but years ago on analog boards I used a Shure SM12A headset mic. The kind with the metal tube and mic. Small band over the head. They made a mic with earphone and mic only. Works well so you have talk back right at your mouth all the time. As long as you don’t need to leave quickly. Remember you are tethered.

Profile photo of amartin
    amartin
    Participant

For those of you who purchased the adapter that Dan made what make and model gooseneck talkback mic are you using?

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

I just bought one of Dan’s adapters. Going to use it with an Audio Technica AT915QMRX, which I also just purchased on eBay. The guy has several more for sale. Find the sale here:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/272103467612?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Joel
    Studio 52

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I use a similar AT mic, with a gooseneck at each end. But I have a different one for my HD24. MOST important thing is to use a windscreen. I have two on top of each other velcro’d in place….

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

“MOST important thing is to use a windscreen”

or two or three or… 🙂

he he

Profile photo of amartin
    amartin
    Participant

Joe
    Let us know if the mic works out for you as expected. Did you purchase a windscreen or two as well?

Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

I know I’m asking what seems obvious, but does this talkback channel supply phantom power for using condenser podium mics? Just want to be sure, but it seems so.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

IIRC it is configurable

Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

Thank you.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

amartin,

Will do. I didn’t buy a windscreen as I have a couple with the two pair of podium mics I already own. I use them for some of the gigs that I do. Wanted one dedicated to the QU32 mixer.

Joel
    Studio 52

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.