Another FX question!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Another FX question!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Appie
    Appie
    Participant

Hi There

Sorry for my english but i shall try to explane my question.

I have a Qu-16 for a couple of weeks now and i do a lot of tape-acts, have all my gear on the first layer like mic’s, sd’s, cd’s, md’s, etc. When i do the job i dont want switch all the time (after every song, grrr) between te layers to set the effects on and off.

I want to know if it’s possible to set the FX1 and FX 2 under fader 13/14 and 15/16 like an analog mixer whit external effects?

Thanks!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

This is what the custom layer is for.

You could also mute FX sends and/or returns as mute groups and assign them to the soft keys.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If you only want to operate on the first layer, sending FX output to Mixes only and externally connect the Mix Outs to your Channel inputs (13/14+15/16) should do the trick. There’s no chance to do this internally.
    Otherwise you may consider using the custom layer only and arrange faders whatever you prefer (i.e. single fader for linked stereo channels conserve space for other stuff).

…not fast enough… 😉

Profile photo of Appie
    Appie
    Participant

Thanks for the fast reply! 🙂

I go try to setup the custom layer for it, i let you all know if it’s working for me.

Thanks!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I tend to have the effects master sends on Mute Group 4, so just hit the softkey at the end of each song. Not exactly the same -but does much the same thing.

Profile photo of Appie
    Appie
    Participant

This afternoon i prepare my Qu-16 for the custom layer. 🙂

Tomorrow i will try to route the right settings to all the faders.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The custom layer changes only the places where you have your channel strips

it does not change anything in the chanel strips nor something in the signal path…
    so you can use your former signal chain unchanged

the original layout is still there

I configure the custom layer for every show…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

The Custom layer is basically a “remote” view – the channels aren’t changed, you can just reorder them.

So all your previous routing will still be there..

Profile photo of Appie
    Appie
    Participant

Ok Thanks!

I’m totally new whit digital mixing, so i try to learn so much as possible when i have the time.

The only problem whit me is that i can’t figure it out how the fx routing work in the Qu-16.

All i want is two fx faders beside my other faders for the effect control, so i can fade the effects in and out when it’s necessary.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Fx routing is by three modes. You probably want “mix->return”

The manual is a good place to start…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.