Alternte DX168 – compact rack mount

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Alternte DX168 – compact rack mount

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

No, we know that. But it will be 4HU then, with connectors INSIDE the rack besides the stagebox. It’s far to big for its capabilities, needs an additional patchbay on the back for power and network connections. And if you want it “compatible” in handling with the rest of A&H rack gear, you need to put that patchbay in the front also (because everything else has the net and power connectors on the front), adding another HU. The AR2412 shows how it’s done in a professional manner: 8 ins, 4 outs per HU and all connectors in front, rack mountable.

I see it as a fact that by far the most of the buyers would have prefered or at least accepted a 2HU rack version instead. You have to buy some kind of case for the DX168 anyway. Why not have a rack that protects the DX168 even in use by default? A standard rack might even be cheaper than a case you have to order to fit when using the DX168 without rack kit. And a 2HU rack is cheaper than a 4HU or even 5HU rack of the same quality.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Can the AR2412 and AR84 be used with the dLive?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

no.
    only 96kHz extenders are used in the dLive system.
    that is DX168, DX164 and the modular DX32

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I see, thank you.

So they need to bring out a DX2412 and DX84 it seems…

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

I always thought it would have been nice for the DX ports to be backwards compatible with dSnake, especially for the people upgrading from GLD and Qu to dLive. But yes, a DXR2412 would be nice. I see not much appeal in a DXR0804, but in a DXR12I and and DXR12O, if you understand what I’m implying by name…

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

in my opinion a “DX4” (4In /4Out) could be an interesting solution 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.