alt outs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting alt outs

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stonepiano Stonepiano 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rhill
    rhill
    Participant

when I gig I use dsnake for the band. The band practices in my basement. I have to permanent mounted powered speakers. I want to use the board (QU16) for practices. I only use for mics in practice. so I set the channels to local and I get modulation ( I see the meters moving) but no sound from the alt out. I am using alt out because the wires are already 1/4″ instead of xlr. when I go to set up and look at local alt out is set to lR ( books says it should be LR post but isn’t labeled that way), ive tried all the setting but nothing. I can get sound out of stereo2 out. I cant find any other area for alt out patch etc.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Assuming your patching is ok, have you turned up both the LR fader and the alt out knob on the top right of the surface?

Alternatively, 2Trk out is fixed as post LR.

Profile photo of rhill
    rhill
    Participant

OMG does that really say alt out on the front of the board. I am new to this and was so worried about patching and changing from snake to console I didn’t even notice that. I was all over layer2 and using lR main to check volume. I will try tonight but I am sure that is it. I love this community and sorry for the really bad questions I feel like such a dunce. thanks again

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Don’t worry, we’ve all been there!
    Spent ages the other week trying to find the fault with a radio mic that sounded very odd indeed. Turned out it was only routed to the sub…….

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The LR to PAFL needs to ber ON to get the FOH sound out of the ALT OUT

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sorry I should have mentioned thats if you want to have the PAFL going out to ALT OUT
    Howebver you can also use the LR to ALT OUT as per the other pic shown below and then you dont need to have the LR to PAFL in the tab as above in my first post.
    Hope this is not confusing to you

Profile photo of Z06
    Z06
    Participant

I had the same issue, but little that I know there’s a knob on top of the console to turn up the Volume for the ALT Outs… LOL…. I spent 20 minutes messing with the routing and everything else I could think of until I stumbled onto the little knob right below the Phone volume knob that says Alt Out….

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Wanted to have my local monitors on the ALT- out, but realised that it didn’t have delay, so could not be aligned to the PA… but there was a way around it: you can set up a matrix to feed ALT, so just assign L/R to matrix, which has a delay. Now the local volume can be handily adjusted with the alt-knob. The arrangement ate up one matrix- send, but there’s one left to feed the video-crews.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.