ALT out delay?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions ALT out delay?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I could have sworn that the ALT out had a delay setting.

I know I can route the LR to a matrix and use the delay in the matrix but thought I remembered a delay setting in the ALT out window but In guess not…

tia

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Nope, it’s a direct copy of one output…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

found that out, thanks

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Maybe you had that confused with the PAFL TAB where there is a delay?
    I use PAFL into ALT out and delay that for FOH monitoring.
    Just a thought…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Hi NZdave,
    I wanted to get a mono mix of the LR mix and compress/limit it for foyer speakers in a church installation that I just finished Thursday where I installed a new EV speaker system and a QU24 with AR2412.
    The 70 volt amp that feeds the ceiling speakers in restrooms, hallways and foyer needs to remain at a reasonable “consistent” volume. I wanted to use the Alt Out knob so users could very easily adjust the volume of the peripheral speakers.

I decided to use the left side of Matrix 1-2 and use the processing in the Matrix out. This does not allow the ALT OUT knob to be used for that purpose, but it does accomplish what is more important and that is a heavily processed signal for bathrooms, hallways and foyer. Unfortunately, the matrix outputs are STUCK in stereo, and there is no way to combine the left and right for a mono output. So, in short, if I use the Matrix 1 output, the foyer speakers will not get any audio that is panned hard right in the LR mains. Not a big deal.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

are you using MTX2 for something else? Could always do a naive combination after alt out…

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The alt out output source is selectable in the I/O section, a mix, group or matrix would all give you a delay option as well as other independent processing options. What mixer are you using?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.