Alt Out and PAFL "soloing" not working

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Alt Out and PAFL "soloing" not working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gravyface gravyface 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

Hey all,

Finally received my Qu-24 and started playing around with it.

I’m using it in a rehearsal/studio setting, and have my near fields connected to Alt Out L and R.

PAFL “soloing” (at least, what it seems to be doing; have no idea what PAFL means: literally cannot find a definition online anywhere) is not audible out the Alt Out (and thus my monitors).

Works out the main headphone jack.

Any ideas?

Super noob here and a bit overwhelmed, so any general Qu tips are appreciated!

Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

Pre Fader Listen, After Fader Listen

gravyface
    Participant

Ah, ok.

Any ideas on the Alt Out?

Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

Don’t think you can PAFL alt out, just inputs and master out .

gravyface
    Participant

Yeah, I think I’m going to switch to 2Trk Out as the manual states: ” It follows the post master fader main LR mix.” so PAFL (“After Fader Listen”) should apply here?

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

P72 of the manual explains how to route a signal to the Alt Out sockets. Although you can’t pafl the alt out socket, but you can have the pafl bus routed to the alt out sockets. It’ll essentially mirror whatever is coming through the phones socket. This is handy because it the Alt Out sockets have their own level control (pot toward the top RHS of the console, check this is turned up, it could be why you’re not hearing anything through you monitors,) and the sockets are balanced (as opposed to the phones socket,) which would be useful for studio monitors using balanced inputs.

P61 of the manual explains how you can configure the pafl bus, including how to get it to afl the LR mix when nothing is soloed.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Sounds like the Alt Outs aren’t correctly mapped or are turned down on the surface (one of the rare purely physical controls), as cornelius says

2TrkOut follows the master, it is a replica of that output for recording etc, so no PAFL trickery…

gravyface
    Participant

All good, sorted it out today. Set Surface routing for Alt Out to PAFL.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.