Allow QU-Drive playback routing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Allow QU-Drive playback routing

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zueri Zueri 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zueri
    Zueri
    Participant

Right now it is not possible to change to routing of QU-Drive playbacks to other inputs than 1-18. To use it for virtual soundchecks with other QUs than 16 this would be really useful. This feature would allow us to train our volunteers letting them to use a Virtual Sound Check mode to mix where the channel setup would be identical to our LIVE setup.

And to make it even more useful it would be perfect if there is a way the recording would remember the source channel.

I think @tjmcsorley would also be happy with such a feature. Maybe others to?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Whilst we’re at it…

Grabbing a time stamp from a QuPad for recordings.
    Naming files per channel name (Maybe 01Kick etc.)
    Naming projects

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Oh, and allow fewer than 18 channels to be recorded/played 😉

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Oh, and allow more than 18 channels to be recorded/played (if technically possible) 😉

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Lol – yes, that too, but at least not having to duplicate tracks to lay them down onto a QuDrive would be a benefit – and is pretty clearly technically possible. I can’t imagine that laying down more than 18 tracks is impossible – it does up the ante on the device characteristics AND simultaneously reduce the available buffer duration on the QU – double whammy there…

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure, I’ve added that primarily for rhetorical purposes… 😉
    Not sure where the 18 track limit originates from and how the QuDrive is implemented. Maybe its based on ICE-16, maybe 18 channels because it started on Qu16, maybe a physical limit of the used USB implemetation, maybe its completely hardcoded into some FPGA.
    My guess is, that if it would be easy to simply skip channels which do not exist as WAV file, it already had been implemented.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

If it was writing a single 18 track wav then I’d agree, but I can’t imagine it being too hard to read from /dev/null if a file isn’t there (yes, I know it’s not *nix, but the concept is the same)

Profile photo of Zueri
    Zueri
    Participant

Agree, fewer than 18 channels for record/playback would also be useful (but only together with the changed source / destination routing).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.