allow IP8's mix faders to swap to sends when channel's mix button is pressed

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions allow IP8's mix faders to swap to sends when channel's mix button is pressed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Seth Seth 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

I assumed the IP8 would behave in the same way as the console. Sadly I was wrong.
    It would be super helpful to me if I could have (for instance), all my monitor masters on the IP8 and whenever I would press the mix button of a channel on the desk, the monitor masters on the IP8 would swap to that channel’s sends to their respective mixes, just like they would on the Avantis.
    Please make this possible! Thanks.

Profile photo of Hurtin' Albertan
    Hurtin’ Albertan
    Participant

Yup. I felt duped when I received my two IP8s. I really hope they can add this in.

Profile photo of Seth
    Seth
    Participant

So I was literally just about to order an IP8 to use for a surfaceless setup. CDM32 onstage, IP8/Laptop/Network switch at FOH. This calls the whole setup into question, and I can’t seem to find much information on actually using the IP8.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I am using 2 IP8s in a surface-less setup. Sends on fader is absolutely doable, although it takes a little bit of programming.
    I understand that a “native” solution would be easier to handle, but IP8s are absolutely useful for that task. Working with that setup for over 5 years now (8 Monitor mixes from FoH), and I am not looking back.

Profile photo of Seth
    Seth
    Participant

I am using 2 IP8s in a surface-less setup. Sends on fader is absolutely doable, although it takes a little bit of programming.
    I understand that a “native” solution would be easier to handle, but IP8s are absolutely useful for that task. Working with that setup for over 5 years now (8 Monitor mixes from FoH), and I am not looking back.

That’s encouraging to hear! Placing my order shortly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.