all channels in red and kind of pink noise very loud sound

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting all channels in red and kind of pink noise very loud sound

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lesouvage
    lesouvage
    Participant

Yesterday I have used the Qu-16 to mix a multitrack recording. I had my MacBook connected with the mixing table with a USB connection on the back and used Audacity to record the L en R channels. I added L en R to USB channel 1 and 2 and the rest of the channels were disabled (X)

During the mixing it happened 5 times that, while using the touch screen on the QU-16 to skip forward and backwards in the track al the 16 channels peaked completely red and a very loud pink noise kind of sound (I mean real loud) came out of the speakers.

Muting the L/R as soon as possible and pulling out the USB stick and put it back solved the problem every time but it is an awkward situation with the danger of ruining ears and speakers.

My gut feeling is that it has to do with the skipping forward and backward in the track with the result that the software crashes. (just a guess)

Has any of you have had this problem. Is there a way to avoid this kind of problem

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

mute the speakers and headphones while you are skipping through the track

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.