AirPort Express

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting AirPort Express

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

So I’ve heard these little wifi routers will work with the dLive but I’m having a heck of a time getting them to talk….

Airport has been reset and set to the 192.168.1.xxx IP scheme, subnet is 255.255.255.0, router address is 192.168.1.1.
    Mixrack is set to same IP scheme with 1.70 as an IP – Surface is also same IP scheme with .1.71 as an IP. Both are in the same 255.0 subnet and their gateways are 1.254.

iPad connects to network with no issues but when I launch the MixPad app it won’t connect. Airport is plugged into the back of the surface.

Any thoughts? It’s probably something small that I’m overlooking but I just can’t find it.

Thanks

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I don’t see any mistake now.

have you ever connected the airport to the mixrack? maybe the socket is faulty? or the network cable?
    and did you restart the mixrack after changing the IP?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

does the app see the dLive?
    wich IP has the iPad?

btw. the gateway is the router so the ip of the router should be 192.168.1.254

try to connect with a computer over WiFi (Director), if this is working your iPad (or the software on it) has a problem

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

…router address is 192.168.1.1

…their gateways are 1.254

As Steffen pointed out, the gateway address should be the same as the router. So set the default gateway on your mix rack & surface to 192.168.1.1 or alternatively change the router’s address to the 192.168.1.254. Generally the gateway address doesn’t matter to devices communicating on the same subnet since it is used for devices to know where to send packets destined for other subnets, but this would definitely stop the devices with the wrong subnet set from connecting to the internet, or other networks connected to the router.

Also check the DHCP range for the LAN setup in your router. Make sure that it does not include the addresses .70 and .71 that you are using for your mix rack. This will ensure that devices getting automatic addresses don’t get either of those addresses. Doing so would cause both devices with the same address to not be able to use the network until the address conflict was resolved.

Connect a computer via a wired connection with dLive Director, and see if you can connect.

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, guys. I’ll give them a shot and report back.

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

So still no luck with the Airport Express. I can connect by plugging in directly with my laptop running Director. Thinking it’s time to look into a different router.

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

As I figured the Airport Express was the issue. I got a new wireless router, did a little configuration on the LAN and DHCP settings, plugged it all in, and presto! I can now walk around and control my MixRack.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.