AHM64 NTP Server Option please

Forums Forums Other A&H products AHM64 NTP Server Option please

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nixay Nixay 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Quality AV
    Quality AV
    Participant

Hi All,
    It would be nice to have an option for a Network Time Server (NTP) build in, so we don’t have to, twice a year, manually change the system time.
    In my setup there are a few time-enabled presets that has to be recalled. A good real-time time would be appreciated!

Profile photo of Nixay
    Nixay
    Participant

I second this request. I currently have scheduling done by another system that is NTP sychronised and connects to AHM with GPI. If I want to move this scheduling to the AHM itself I’ll need it to be NTP sychronised.

Profile photo of Nixay
    Nixay
    Participant

I would go further and say that an NTP client is *essential* for the AHM. Our AHM loses 5 seconds EVERY DAY. For a system with scheduling as a prominent feature we need much better timekeeping to be useful, especially when coordinating events with scheduled program content.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Does the AHM have to have an internet connection?
    In the production environment we don’t want to have an internet connection from system-relevant devices.

I don’t really like the different time either, even though the clock in our AHM is much more accurate. But it’s true: if you use time-controlled processes, then an accurate time is of course important.
    Is there another way to solve this?

Profile photo of Nixay
    Nixay
    Participant

You can have an NTP server on your local network, that’s what we do. It’s doesn’t have to be on the internet.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Ah, that’s good. Then our network technician can certainly implement it easily.
    If this option is available.

Profile photo of cwichura
    cwichura
    Participant

+1 for NTP client in AHM.

Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

Another +1 for NTP on AHM. How are we supposed to use Time/Schedule-based Events if we can’t accurately track the time during daylight savings in the US?
    If I want a restaurant’s music zone to turn off at 2am, or to turn on a rack of amps at 9am each day…that only works for 6 months out of the year…then the other 6 months it’s completely inaccurate.
    Plus there is clock drift (certainly in dLive, and I presume maybe AHM too..)
    Please add NTP to AHM!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

+1. This should be an available option in every A&H system.

Profile photo of Lee
    Lee
    Participant

+1. Time-based events depend on an accurate clock, and there’s no reason to have to manually set the clock periodically when NTP servers are available.

Profile photo of cwichura
    cwichura
    Participant

+1. This should have been there on launch. The drift on the AHM makes scheduled events a non-starter…
    Bonus points for implementing DHCP Option 42 to learn NTP servers automatically. (But should still allow manually specifying them even if DHCP is selected for IP acquisition.)

Additionally, should add timezone support so we don’t have to update the offset twice a year.

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

+1 (+ AHM32 & AHM16)

Profile photo of Nixay
    Nixay
    Participant

Just a bump so this request isn’t forgotten. I still have a weekly reminder to reset the time on our AHM which is annoying.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.