AHM TCP/IP Protocol

Forums Forums Other A&H products AHM TCP/IP Protocol

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anthony EAI
    Anthony EAI
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to know if somebody already implemented the AHM TCP/IP Protocol in custom software.

I found the documentation about the protocol “AHM TCP Protocol V1” but no sample code in any programming language.

Thank you

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I found the documentation about the protocol “AHM TCP Protocol V1” but no sample code in any programming language.

What are you talking about? It’s just plain MIDI over TCP…

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Anthony, what Steffen means is that the TCP protocol gives you a set of commands in the form of hex strings, that can be sent to the AHM-64 TCP port to control or get parameters. This can be used in several ways:

– You can use a packet sender application or write your own. You can probably find open source projects on GitHub or similar.
    – You can implement these strings in a Crestron / AMX / Q-Sys / Extron control system or similar. For Crestron and AMX we offer sample modules on our website which can be used as a starting point.
    – You can use the A&H MIDI Control driver to interface the TCP protocol with MIDI-enabled software such as Qlab or a DAW.

If you are looking for a simple way of controlling AHM-64 from a custom user interface, make sure you check out the Custom Control app as well: https://www.allen-heath.com/custom-control/

Anthony EAI
    Participant

Thank you for this clarification

Anthony EAI
    Participant

Nicola,

I manage to send commands with PacketSender but I’m now stuck with assignments.

Is there a way to assign input to zone with the AHM TCP/IP Protocol on port 51325 ?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

As far as I remember it is not intended to do such things remotely…
    you should do your assignments with System manager instead…

or source selectors can help… but again you have to configure them in System Manager

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Anthony,

No, input to zone assignments are not covered by the protocol. However, input to zone (crosspoint) levels and mutes are. To the end user, there is little difference between an assignment and a crosspoint mute, so the workaround is to assign all required sources to the zone, and use crosspoint mutes to control which sources are active.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.