A&H QU-24 – Live Application with Logic Pro

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions A&H QU-24 – Live Application with Logic Pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DoctorG DoctorG 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of williampacheco
    williampacheco
    Participant

Hello! I intend to purchase an Allen & Heath QU-24 and I have some doubts.
    First of all, I would like to clarify what I will use for live applications with coral microphones, acoustic instruments and audios recorded in Logic Pro.

The actual instruments are: bass, guitar and acoustic guitar.

My question: some instruments like: drums, pads and click covers are recorded and are played by Logic Pro – they are already recorded, they are only played. So, does A & H reproduce via audio the audio that is recorded in Logic simultaneously to the real instruments? Can these recorded instruments in Logic Pro be addressed to some QU-24 channels?
    Example:
    Channel 1: bass (plugged in);
    Channel 2: guitar (plugged in);
    Channel 3: drums (USB – audio from Logic Pro);
    Channel 4: click (USB – audio from Logic Pro);
    Channel 5: acoustic guitar (plugged in)

Remembering that the application is live, then all channels will exit the main L/R.

Sorry for the mistakes. I’m using google translator.

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Hello William,

Qu mixers support playback from local inputs and/or from USB so I believe you should be able to:

– Connect computer to Qu24 using USB-B cable
    – Setup logic options/preferences to connect to Qu24
    – Set channels 1, 2 and 5 to use local source (XLR input on rear of console)
    – Set channels 3 and 4 to use USB-B source (audio streaming from computer/logic)

All channels will then output through LR mix.

Can someone who has done this please confirm this is correct?

Jake.

Profile photo of williampacheco
    williampacheco
    Participant

Thank you very much, Jake. I was afraid the QU-24 would not make channel-by-channel USB selection. For example, the Midas M32R – where selecting a channel to be used as USB implies the entire 8-slot USB slot, making it impossible to use for actual plugged instruments. Anyway, I’m grateful for the answer.

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

There is a Global setting for the USB source (Either the rear USB port or the QU-drive), but the channels can be set individually to either USB or Local source.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.