A&H – Have you forgotten your Qu customers?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions A&H – Have you forgotten your Qu customers?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

I feel like A&H sold us “Qu” as their fully supported solution for this price range and are now abandoning it to focus solely on SQ. Tons of Qu products are in their customer’s hands. Please do not stop fulfilling these customer’s wishlist items and improving the software of these existing products. I get that some of the wishlist items are constrained or not feasible due to the physical hardware of the Qu line. However, features which do not require any HW changes should never be shelved. They should stay in scope and be pursued.

If A&H doesn’t continue to develop new features for Qu products, then they are just telling their customers that all purchases are considered temporary and will not be fully supported once a new product is launched. SQ customers will get the same treatment when the next series is launched. Should we now assume our mixers will only be primary focus for a handful of years, then tossed aside by A&H? That’s not a business model which builds loyalty. A&H management – please reconsider your commitment to existing customer satisfaction by ensuring continued investment of enhancements for all existing products.

Regards,
    Todd

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Todd,

It’s a shame that you feel this way, but I can assure you that nobody here has forgotten about Qu, and we are certainly not ‘abandoning’ the Qu range in any sense, it’s our biggest selling digital mixer and has a fantastic user base that we value greatly.
    Qu is still in active development, we continue to support it and provide updates (we released firmware just recently).
    You are correct in pointing out that some feature requests are not viable due to hardware or processing power, but we continue to consider those that are possible.

As an aside, SQ and Qu have many similarities, but these are different systems, with different possibilities and a different price range.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

Thank you, @”KeithJ A&H”. Please help A&H management keep the Qu Feature wishlist in focus, excluding any HW limited suggestions. Specifically, is A&H even attempting/considering an off-line editor solution for scenes, PC or iPad?

KeithJ A&H

Hi Todd,

No, we are not working on an offline editor for Qu at this time. That’s not to say we never will, and it will definitely be considered again in future (as it has been a number of times in the past).

Thanks,

Keith.

Profile photo of kgp721
    kgp721
    Participant

Sounds like deja vu to me…..I’ve written to AH asking for service for my T112 a couple years now and am still waiting….Despite this, I’m still interested in the dLive and GLD…..good luck👍

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant
    Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

As kqp721 has stated .. we were also ilive owners and were left hanging out to dry when gld was developed, for being their flagship console at the time… they left us high & dry on a high priced mixing system.

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

Well, given that the A&H reps on their own online forum have still failed to post anything in the Qu Feature thread that I started, I would conclude that they do not have sufficient staff to both stay engaged on prior series while promoting a current, new series. From comments above, this is not an isolated instance.

I truly believe that A&H stands behind their products in the field, in as much as they will provide tech support of product failures, significant bug fixes, etc. until the product is deemed discontinued. After that, they will likely still provide service at a fee as long as parts are available. So, that is not my concern.

My concern was the complete disengagement and loss of any measurable attention in their own forum for the Qu series. They should designate 1 resource for prior models who is not allocated at all to managing the newest product. This separation allows for limited but measurable focus to be retained on prior product and those customers. Surely they have more than 1 software developer. Surely they have more than one customer rep. Leave one of each focused on prior model products.

KeithJ A&H

Hi Todd,

You posted the same thing multiple times, and I happened to see this post first…

I also need to correct you there – we continue to support products long after we have finished manufacturing and selling them. We do NOT charge for this support.
    We even continue to update things like drivers and apps for as long as possible.

I’m sorry we do not have plans for a Qu editor at this time, but being negative as well as telling us how we should be doing things is not going to change that.

Regarding support or any queries (and relating to your comments on a perceived lack of staff), this is the digital community, this is a place for users to discuss our products, this is not an official support channel. For that, we have support.allen-heath.com by the way. As far as these forums go, we mostly lurk! As do many of the developers in fact…
    And it’s mainly because all of us take a keen interested in the discussions that happen around our products – as most users understand, we’re not here to respond to every post on every thread.

Please don’t be concerned though. We haven’t forgotten you!

Keith.

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

Thank you Keith. I got my feathers ruffled. It is a rant. I’ll own that fact. Thank you for correcting the comment about pay for support. I meant that if something breaks, I expect a fee for repairs. If there is a defect, I would expect a different resolution as I assume A&H would too.

I get your point about contacting support directly. However, why host on your own domain a forum which contains topics for new features if the forum is not being sufficiently monitored? I think 18 months is a long time for a thread on new features to go without a response from A&H on their own domain. That is what got me worked up.

Look I get it. Eventually, A&H has to move on and stay focused on latest or next big thing. Maybe this is a lesson in smooth disengagement. Maybe the forum needs to close out some of those sections on older series so that no new threads can be added by users. Then, A&H can post a final statement on each thread and then close it for comments. Basically, there comes a time when no new features will happen, so that is the time to wrap up that section.

I am truly bummed that an offline editor will never come from A&H for this mixer. Maybe A&H can look at some sort of open source code model for the apps on these older systems at some point in their life span. That would then put the option into the hands of the community.

Lastly, I did start this second thread in the SQ forum. So, yes there are multiple posts. Once that existed, I felt it appropriate to keep the two threads updated equally. If A&H had responded in the Qu forum in a timely manner, there would never have been a post in the SQ forum causing the duplication. Baring any further comments questing directed to me here, I will cease posts on this thread and only add a concluding comment on the Qu forum thread to close this topic out.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@toddl

AH support is excellent.

But they can not do every feature somebody asks.
    They have to allocate their resources to doing what is the most useful overall.

If you wan’t to complain then do it about dealers not AH.

And I do not mean the distributor they list on the website as a dealer but which in American is not a dealer.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Why reply to a 2½ year old post now?

volounteer
    Participant

why reply at all ever

@toddl posted this topic in several threads today

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Well you could wonder why open a post about QU in the SQ forum, instead of posting in the QU forum ??

volounteer
    Participant

you might, but @toddl explained why he posted in multiple forums

not sure that I agree with his reason but he did have one

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.