Again a Scenes and Shows question….

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Again a Scenes and Shows question….

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SanderT
    SanderT
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to understand the logic of Scenes and Shows on my QU-24.

I work for several bands and need to save every “location” the are playing. At this moment i see all my scenes from all bands in one overview.

Is it possible to create a Show (#1 band A) and save all the scenes from band A in this Show?
    So when i recall Show #2 (Band B), i see all the scenes from band B and not also the scenes from band A?

Profile photo of 2PhatCC
    2PhatCC
    Participant

I only use this board a few times per year and I’m assuming there may be an easier way to do this, but I save the shows to USB then completely reset the board before loading the next show. Then they only thing on there is that show.

Profile photo of SanderT
    SanderT
    Participant

Hmmm i hope there is an easier way….

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Shows are indeed saved directly to a USB stick and then you load the show you need
    back into the board.

A show contains all the scenes.

How many bands and how many scenes per band are you using?

Profile photo of SanderT
    SanderT
    Participant

I’m using about 12 bands with an average of 10 scenes each….

At this moment i’m testing with a new usb-disk and clearing all the scenes on the desk… (start from scratch, just for testing)….

Profile photo of SanderT
    SanderT
    Participant

I think i figured it out….

First i need to create a Show (band A in my case), create the scenes and save the Show.
    Then i create a second Show (Band B)… now i first need to delete (clear) all the current scenes from Band A….they are still visable.
    Now i can create the scenes for band B and save the show.
    If i want to switch back to Band A, i first need to clear all the scenes in the desk and the load (recall) the first show. Now all the scenes from Band A are in the list.

This is a tricky way of working…. You may press Overwrite instead of Recall…… then all is messed up.

Does anyone knows if the QS-series has the same way of working with scenes/shows?

Profile photo of SanderT
    SanderT
    Participant

It’s not working…. what a terrible way of working…..

After i delete a scene and save the show, it will come back after i switched from another show….

Profile photo of SanderT
    SanderT
    Participant

You have to manually re-arrange the scenes in a mac/pc……

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I’ve never had to re arrange scenes on the USB drive.

Start form scratch, re format the USB drive in the mixer.

– clear all the scenes that in the mixer
    – build up a few test scenes
    – now save a show file for that group of scenes
    – clear / delete all the scenes in the mixer
    – build up some more test scenes
    – save a show file for the new group of scenes
    – clear / delete all the scenes in the mixer
    – load the first show file back into the mixer
    and the first group of save scenes will be listed.

Each show file needs a different name.
    Loading a new show will over wright the existing scenes in the mixer, manually
    deleting the mixer scenes before a show file re load does not hurt.

Profile photo of SanderT
    SanderT
    Participant

When i have 6 scenes in a show, and delete #4, it will come back after i switch from a show.
    It seems, in my case, a blank scene between scenes are not supported.
    I’ve re-arranged all my shows and scenes and now it working as i hoped for!!!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

In addition to Mike’s useful steps, to explain the logic/idea/differences:

• The Qu has one Show loaded at any one time
    • Each Show includes all Scenes (in the Scene list), all user libraries, plus other ‘Show Level’ settings (e.g. setup and preferences that would be used for a single setup)
    • Each Scene is a different mix, so can change channel routing and processing parameters
    • Changing Scenes does not interrupt audio, so in a theatre production you can use a different Scene for each scene of a play. In a band environment, you might use different scenes for different songs. For an installed unit, you could use them for different applications in the space, e.g. only music playback, only one mic for announcements, a full band.
    • As well as being stored with a Show, you can also store Scenes (and Libraries) separately to a USB drive

So to have different Shows for each band/setup is possible, you just need to store them as a whole Show, then recall a whole Show before working with each band.
    It sounds like what you might be doing is storing individual Scenes to USB. These will always be visible to recall from USB as this is the mechanism for moving Scenes between different Shows.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I’ve never tried, but it may be possible to create a show with no scenes in it and save this to usb named “blank” or “reset”. Recall this blank show before setting up the show for the next band.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

P.S. Don’t use the overwrite button thinking it will overwrite the scenes on the board. It’s for overwriting (replacing) a show on the usb with the current board settings.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.