Advice on front fill

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Advice on front fill

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Roy Roy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Hey all

I have an outdoor gig on Saturday and was considering using one of my RCF speakers as a front fill since the stage is quite wide and I could probably use some additional firepower. What would be the best way in your experience to rig this (and route it) using my QuPac? Post-everything mix?

Thanks in advance.

Roy

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I would send the L&R to a spare mix and onto your centre fill, that way you can determine how much you want coming out of it rather than just at the same volume as the L&R’s. You may want to limit the low end coming through it if it is only a standard two way box.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes Lee7 is correct
    How wide is the stage?

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Thanks guys. I’m guessing the stage is about8 or 9 metres.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

8-9? I would put 2 and I’m taking that they are 12″ powered?
    A stereo pair would work if you have someone mixing
    AND if there is a gap between stage front and people sometimes you can actually put them on the ground to pick up some depending on stage height
    Are the speakers the same as your FOH ?
    And are you using traditional fold back wedges on stage as you would get wash coming off the stage from that
    Lots of variables.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

We’re dealing with this in a little bit different situation. Our church worship team is comprised of electric and acoustic instruments and vocals. Our PA mains hang from the ceiling slightly behind the first few rows of seats. Those locations have a hard time hearing the voices and acoustic instruments. I set up some powered speakers on the floor in front of stage and send a separate mix (prefaced) with only the vocals and acoustic guitar. This has helped. We be looking for a permanent setup in the future.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Dave, yes 12″. The LR would be RCf HD32A and the fills HD12A – although only room for one in my car. Only one wedge on stage as 2 out of the other 3 band members use IEMs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.