Advice before the purchase of a Qu-24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Advice before the purchase of a Qu-24

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of psikes psikes 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CarmeloP
    CarmeloP
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    I was about to buy a Qu-24 to use it only for multi track recording into my DAW (+ Midi control)
    But sadly, I’ve found a forum where a lot of customers talk about a Digital noise. I’m using :
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    Processor 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 Go 1867 MHz DDR3
    Graph Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 Mo

And it looks like it’s the USB 3.0

I was wondering if A&H closed the ticket without resolving the issue completely or they are still working on it ? I can’t buy such an expensive mixer with the chance of having this issue ..

Thank you all for the help & feedback
    Have a good day !

C.

Profile photo of Victor Kennedy
    Victor Kennedy
    Participant

Hello C.

I have the QU 16 and use it just as you intend to, ie; for recording into ProTools.

It’s working fine as an input A/D device, but I’ve had some issues with the Fader control into the DAW. It did work but recently not so good. I just haven’t bothered taking time out of recording my new album to sort out the Eucon stuff properly. Eucon is very inconsistent in my experience, even when running the ProTools app on my iPad Mini.

As for the QU itself, I recommend it for studio use. Initially I had some digital noise issues, and it may well be my old post in this forum that you mentioned. It turned out to be a faulty USB cable, after weeks of hair pulling.

Hope this helps…

Profile photo of CarmeloP
    CarmeloP
    Participant

Hi Victor
    Thank you for your answer.
    It helps indeed but it looks like a random issue so I’m a bit afraid to spend around 2K for a mixer with the only use I need doens’t work properly.
    That being said this is mixer I would love to get because it has 24 Mono inputs, 2 Bus, Good Eq, Pre / Post fader & EQ, etc… Not an easy decision 🙂
    Perhaps A&H can confirm that they are still working on this issue ? This is crazy because they can loose a lot of customers (such as me) because of that.
    Have a good day
    Carmelo

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

1) Consider a Qu-Pac if you are just recording (even if you aren’t just recording) and get a digital snake to add channels.
    2) See this link: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/digital-noise-when-streaming-audio-via-usb-b
    It seems they are fully aware and working on it.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Sometimes I think I must be the only one not having a problem streaming into USB B. I am using the Qu-Pac with an Apple Airport Express into my Mac Mini which is running Mojave and recording/streaming from Reaper with no problems so far. Granted, I am not a power user, just a beginner, but it works fine for me.

Phil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.