Additional Digital Output Channels

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Additional Digital Output Channels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of anthony1974
    anthony1974
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’m using my QU-16 as my mixing desk coupled with my DAW in a home studio.

My issue sparking the need for a feature request, is that I am using the QU-16 with Cubase, and I want more outputs available in Cubase so that I can use Cubase’s “Control Room” featuire in a specific way.

At the mmoment I am showing 24 inputs and 22 outputs in total and I have used those all up (see screenshots Inputs and Outputs), and I need another 2 stereo outputs to feed two sets of monitors I have Teac LS-101’s and Auratone Sound Cubes.

On the back of the QU-16 I can see a “2TRK Out” and “Alt Out”, can these be added into the software to be made available as outputs in Cubase, as I want to use SonarWorks to compensate for my two speaker set ups without having to add it to the main out channel and having to remember to enable, switch and disable it according what speakers I am monitoring, and whether I am recording the output of the L/R mix. THis video shows what I am trying to achieve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeMxZas7ew

I thinkI need to set up the new channels in the Control Room section as per the Control Room image attached.

Is the possibe?

Thanks,
    Anthony.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The Qu ASIO driver for the QU16 has 24 sends and 22 returns, that’s it.
    There will never be more available since it is a limitation of the hardware.

Profile photo of anthony1974
    anthony1974
    Participant

Can you clarify, the hardware does have 2 additional outputs that are not mapped in the software outputs available in Cubase, yet the QU-16 specs state:

• 2 channel AES digital output patchable from any mix
    • Stereo Alt Out TRS jack output patchable from any mix

You can patch any mix _TO_ those outputs, although I know that doesn’t include the 2TRK output. So why is this a hardware limitation, and not a software limitation?

Thanks,
    Anthony.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@anthony1974

as StephenR noted there are only so many ins and outs no matter how you mix and match stuff internally on the Qu
    so software could try but there would be nowhere else physically for more to happen

the driver could also add more but have nothing to connect them to in the Qu, that was different from the 24/22 in the hardware
    no matter which way they come in or go out

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Just buy yourself a 4 input usb interface for your computer and use those to feed the 2trk and alt outputs on the board into your computer. Or get some adapters to use the mic and line inputs on your computer.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

what garyh said
    or learn how to use stems so you dont need so many channels sent to the DAW

do you really need to use some cubase feature in a ‘certain’ way at all?
    or do you just want to do that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.