Adding reverb to Mix9/10 for streaming

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Adding reverb to Mix9/10 for streaming

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hurdle
    hurdle
    Participant

Hi all,
    I try to do live FOH and streaming simultaneously with QU24. I set up Mix9/10 as streaming channels (Post fade) and try to add reverb using FX2. I set up vocal channels at Fx2 sends using Post fade at 0dB, FX2 sends at 0dB and FX2 return on Mix9/10 at around -20dB. The reverb could be heard when FX2 return using Pre fade but it couldn’t be heard using Post fade. Is there anything wrong? Is my setup supposed to use Fx2 return at Pre or Post? Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@hurdle

The fact that you could hear the FX when set to pre-fade but not when set to post-fade suggests either your main channel or FX return fader (to LR) is turned down or is being affected by a DCA, so these would be the first things to check.

It depends on your workflow, but a common setup is to have all FX sends set post-fade and all mix sends for monitoring are pre-fade (including FX returns). This means delay based FX (reverb/delay) will follow the main mix (dry) levels on the sends side and the returns side level is used to set the independent balance for each mix.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.