Adding Punch Ins to a Hard Disk through QU

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Adding Punch Ins to a Hard Disk through QU

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joss
    Joss
    Participant

I have just done a live band recording with my QU16 which is great. I have all of the files stored on my hard drive. However, I need to add some extra instruments on free channels. Can I just play back the other channels and record on the free ones / and / or record over single channels. Sorry if this is really obvious but I’m not that experienced with recording yet on the QU.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You *can* but you will then need to realign the tracks – don’t be scared by that, just make sure you record one of the original tracks (that you are playing back) again – and then that can be used to make sure that the additional IO latency isn’t applied as a time offset to some of the tracks.

Rereading the question that might not be the answer – That assumed USB-B streaming to a full DAW.
    If you are talking QuDrive, then no – but you can play back from USB-B, add in other channels and record via USB-B.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.