Adding FX in monitors (aux)

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Adding FX in monitors (aux)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Calleballe90
    Calleballe90
    Participant

Hi!

This is maybe a really simple thing to do but i am a bit lost in the digital mixing world =)
    How do i add fx in the monitor mix and can i have send different amount to FOH and monitors?

Thanks for your help!

//Calle (sweden)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

It depends on the return amount based on which MIX button is depressed. So if you want FX in the AUX send click its MIX button. Go to the FX return and bring up the amount you want in that mix. Hold ASSIGN and turn ON the FX return for that mix. Same for other mixes. Click the MIX button of the mix you want to adjust the amount of return verb…

Calleballe90
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply! It really helped =)

One more question:
    How do i setup so i get the exact same mix in my in-ears as in my floor wedge?
    I have a singer that uses in-ears and always wants the exact mix in his floor wedge´s.
    The best would be if i had separate master volume on the in-ears and the wedge but the same mix….

Plz help me =)

//Calle Bäck (sweden)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I don’t have a console here to experiment but playing with the editor it seems you could do by just selecting up a wedge and a IEM and duplicate the mixes for each. Or setup a group and get a mix into it and then have it feed the IEM and wedge with the same mix. If I had a console setup I could run signals through it and see but in theory that should work. I have not done a lot of work with IEMs or Wedges yet on these. Mainly FOH and broadcast mixing. I am going today to a church that I have a 112 in for demo. If I have time I will try to simulate your request and get back to you…

Calleballe90
    Participant

Excellent service an support!

If you get the time, check if its possible =)

Thanks again
    //Calle Bäck (sweden)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Ii am just a dealer in KY, USA….don’t work for A&H but glad to help…

Calleballe90
    Participant

Im just thinking…

If i send a mix to a stereo group. Would it also be sent to the Main L/R?
    The easiest way would be if its possible to route for example the aux mix 1 so it would send the same mix to IEM aux.
    Or am i thinking wrong?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Are you using Auxes for your IEM and Wedges mixes? I had assumed you were…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Group would not go to Main if you turn it off in the main…Unassign it.. Again I an working on this with the editor. Little hard to tell with no signal…Select MAIN MIX then go to Group and Unassign…That group should then work only on the IEM and Wedge mixes if what I am seeing is correct.

Only caveat to all this is we are creating a stereo group for the IEM(assuming you are using stereo IEMs). Your wedge is mono, so there is a bit of an issue there with what the wedge gets out of this. I have not looked through that and to getting that mono. Could affect your balance a little on that wedge. I have not ever done that for real.

Calleballe90
    Participant

I used the preset “monitor mix mode”…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Calleballe90
    Participant

Ah now i get it!
    I simply assign the faders i want to mix to the st group… then in my “aux mix” i simply turn it up…?
    I just have to make sure in the otter mixes that the st group is not assigned and that the channels i want to get in ex. aux 2 is “on”.

Haha hard to write in english =)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Can’t get that link to work…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Would you be interested in emailing me your show file and let me look at it? Just copy the show to a USB key drive and then put key on a computer and get the show out of the SHOWS folder in the A&H folder. If you can do that email it to…

george@midcommav.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.