Adding chorus to a reverb

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Adding chorus to a reverb

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leemorr Leemorr 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leemorr
    Leemorr
    Participant

Hi all, maybe a dumb question, probably, how can I add a modulation effect on the tail of a reverb, what I am trying to do is recreate a lexicon vocal patch, any help would be fantastic, stay safe!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Go to the FX return channel that the reverb’s on, and send this to another effects unit with the chorus.

Depending on how you want the effect to sound, you may want to set this FX send to be pre fade for easier adjustment of the relevant effects’ levels.

Profile photo of Leemorr
    Leemorr
    Participant

Thanks for that Mark, I have an sq6 I should have said, to be specific I need the chorus to have a delay to the start so it only choruses the end of the reverb tail, so making the reverb shimmer, had a look through the chorus fx but cant see a parameter i can tweek to achive this, any ideas fella?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Leemorr ,

There are also modulation parameters (Depth/Speed) in the Expert settings of the SMR.
    This might fulfil ‘modulation on a reverb tail’ but probably not ‘chorus on a reverb’, so mainly noting this just in case you can’t go with Mark’s suggestion 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Leemorr
    Leemorr
    Participant

Thanks Keith 😊

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Just make sure when doing series effect routing that you do not accidentally route
    an FX return back into the same FX.

Profile photo of Leemorr
    Leemorr
    Participant

Thanks mike 😊

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.