Adding a compressor to my PX5

Forums Forums Other A&H products Adding a compressor to my PX5

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of dobby dobby 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dobby
    dobby
    Participant

Hi, i’m looking for a steer on trying to attach a basic compressor to my PX5 mixer solely to achieve auto ducking of the audio when using the microphone plugged into the mixer. I think I should be using the effect send of the mixer to send the mic signal into the sidechain of the compressor to hopefully lower the audio signal and let the mic be clearly heard.

I don’t yet own the 2 leads (1/4″ TRS) that enable me to use the 2 inserts going from the PX5 mixer into the compressor (eqpt pic attached) to let me
    use the 2 lead method of attaching the compressor and that process seems fairly simple to implement but I’m not sure if I should then be routing my mic effect send channel out of the mixer and into the sidechain of the compressor or not ? If the whole audio output signal is in these 2 insert leads then surely me using the sidechain of the compressor to lower audio will result in the microphone signal also being lowered wouldn’t it?

I hope that’s clear as i’ve no experience of sidechaining out of the mixer and into a compressor, possibly i shouldn’t be using the inserts in the setup ive described to achieve audio auto ducking with a mic, if anyone can give me a steer i’d be grateful before I buy the wrong leads! 🙂

thanks. /Sean

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.