Add some "mastering" effects

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Add some "mastering" effects

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mervaka mervaka 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nabla
    nabla
    Participant

I’ve been using this mixer for a few months.
    Concerning the effects section, I use a lot reverb and delay, indeed very good effects. I would like to use a voice doubler but “ADT doubler” is really bad. Also I’ve never used and never will use other effects like flanger or phaser.

I noticed a big absence in the effects section. There is no effects like
    “Dynamic EQ” or “Multiband Compressor”. I think that these are really essential to give punch to the sound, at least in my use cases.

Personally, I give up every effect but Reverb, Delay and Dynamic EQ. Eventually adding, if possible, a stereo image expander.

I’ve bought this mixer to stop keeping tons of outboard, but currently I find myself having to use my old Behringer DEQ2496 (connected digitally via AES / EBU) to use his DEQ and WIDTH sections (in addition to keep its display in RTA mode during the live to keep an eye on the frequencies)

So, please, add some “mastering” effects!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Yes,this would be great. I, too, wonder about how useful flangers and such are in a mixer; every guitar player I know has their own, and flanger and phaser are rarely used outside guitars.

I, too, would give those up happily and have the replaced by multiband compressor, maybe a couple of bands of automatic feedback notching on the channels, and so forth.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You destroy the sound from the desk with the Behringer…
    Drop the Behringer, put the Master Compression on, and the sound should be much punchier
    the DEQ adds a lot of distortion related to the pure analog output.

I noticed a big absence in the effects section. There is no effects like
    “Dynamic EQ” or “Multiband Compressor”. I think that these are really essential to give punch to the sound, at least in my use cases.

Not really… you can achieve same results with different tools

Profile photo of nabla
    nabla
    Participant

Mulitiband compressor is NOT a generic compressor, they achieve very different sounds! Have you ever really used them?

I hate generic compression on master outs, I use them only configured as LIMITER, but I do my best to never use them.

As I wrote, I use DEQ2496 connected digitally via AES / EBU, so no analogic/digital conversion in DEQ2496.
    DEQ2496 is a pretty good machine for it’s price.

From my first post until now, I have used this configuration about 5/6 times. Several times I tried to press “bypass” button, to compare the sounds, but, I always ended up using it in the live.

I remain on the opinion that a multiband compressor is just an absolutely necessary feature on this mixer.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

If it were available as FX like in iLive, then it could just be inserted onto the main LR bus (or wherever else you like). I personally wouldn’t deem it necessary, just a nice tool to have available.

I don’t normally compress my LR bus at all, I fix my problems in the channel before they’re summed..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.