Add possibilty to setup the stageboxes without physical connections

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Add possibilty to setup the stageboxes without physical connections

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robashard robashard 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

When I try to setup a show or scene for a concert at home, I have to use the SQ because until now there is no offline editor available.
    But when I setup the input patch to stageboxes, which should be connected via SLink (two DX168X), and the input channels I am not able to preselect PP and Gain of the stageboxes unless they are physical connected and online.
    Other systems with digital stageboxes allows to preselect the PP and Gain offline and when the stagebox is then connected their setup will be changed to the settings stored in the scene.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Are you sure you can’t do this?

IIRC I had a greyed out sLink port with 32×32 connections allowing patching.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I am not talking about the patching itself but about setup gain and, most important, the phantom power. That you cannot do without the connected stageboxes.

lightingman117
    Participant

Hh okay, I misunderstood.

+1 for editor, then ๐Ÿ˜Ž

lightingman117
    Participant

I was able to pre-select the HA (Gain) & +48v with stage box selected.

It then remembered in my scene next time I plugged in the stage box.

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Yes Mfk0815 is right, I noticed that too ! In fact you can only set the TRIM (the preamp knob work on Trim when stagebox isn’t connected).
    I realized when we did the balance before a gig.
    At home I had prepared my show by setting the gains to the minimum…but surprise it was not the gains ๐Ÿ™‚ I did not pay attention because it was not like that on my Qu.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

How do you guys know what your gains are before soundcheck? You need to do a bit of work on the night you know ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I personally like to reset the preamps for a new show. Switch PP on only for those channels which needs it, reset the gain to โ€žzeroโ€œ. In fact thestageboxes do remember their previous settings and i want to bring them into an initial state.
    And I think that there is still a lot of work waiting for us on every job.

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

+1 for this helpful idea!

Please implement A&H!

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

Couldn’t you fire a default scene then fire the scene for you new show? Then you just need to turn the phantom on. That doesn’t take that long. Some other desks have and option to conform the desk to the rack or vis versa. If implemented by A&H I think this would make the most sense.

Profile photo of robashard
    robashard
    Participant

Hereโ€™s a thought, but I canโ€™t check it as Iโ€™m away from my SQ. If you have a spare local channel free, could you patch to that, set up the channel including gain and phantom, then re-patched to the greyed out un-connected DX168 channel? I think it might take those settings with it and implement them once the stagebox is connected.

Rob

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.