add a way to do a send/return to external fx device like analog mixers do

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions add a way to do a send/return to external fx device like analog mixers do

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Since A&H does not offer the fx I need, and it does not allow me to write my own FX to be run in software, please add two input channels with EXTERNAL send/return to external devices, in line with the channel strip similar to the way analog mixers did it.

Additionally add another on the LR main outputs so that automatic feedback suppressor can be used like was done on the analog mixer we had.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

external send FX are already possible

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Use a Mix post fader or a group. Mix or group output to fx unit. Fx unit to one of the stereo inputs.

volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenH

learn me please, I see no obvious way to do it from the block diagram nor the user guide.

volounteer
    Participant

@garyh

I am not sure how that helps. I need it to intercept the original channel strip input , send it to external fx,
    then reinsert it at that same point on the channel strip to continue being processed.

I am not sure how/why the stereo input is different; and I suppose we could move one mike input to that from the CH mono ins.

But would that work for the LR main out so I could use an auto feedback suppressor?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Because the board was not designed with true external channel inserts, you will have to burn a mix and another channel to get what you want. Assign your first channel to only a mix. Make sure the mix is not assigned to LR. On the second channel, make sure it is not assigned to the mix you’re using as the fx send. Attach the output of the Mix to your fx unit input and set the assigned channel fader and main mix level faders to 0db. Attach the effect unit output to the second channel input. The first channel should also just be set to 0db on the fader so proper gain is sent all the way through to the fx unit. The second fader becomes the adjustment for LR out.

I don’t know how your feedback suppressor is designed, but can’t it sit between the LR out of the board and your amps?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.