ACE Port A QOS Warning 3 Times in a minute

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting ACE Port A QOS Warning 3 Times in a minute

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Annklein Annklein 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Annklein
    Annklein
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a problem in my System A&H iLive T112 3 times occur in a minute and a pulse beat sound coming out from the IDR48 and a crackling sound at the FOH. After 3 minutes suddenly no signal or sound coming out from my FOH and to all AUX and Matrix but signal input to the board indicate a signal that is coming out but totally no sound coming out. This happen after a show that lasted for 3 Hours. Temperature is normal both Surface and IDR. Any advise from all of you who experience this is much appreciated. Thank. you very much

A&H iLive T112
    IDR 48
    Mixpad IPAD Remote Controller

Franklyn

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Was the sound source plugged in to the Surface or Mixrack? If the source was plugged in to the surface it could be a bad snake cable or problem with the ACE ports. If the source was plugged directly in to the Mixrack then it’s an internal problem with the rack.

-Mark

Annklein
    Participant

My my CD player plugged in to Surface and the rest are plugged in to Mixrack… I am using 50M CAT5e cable for Surface to Mixrack. Over 5 years using this system only now I have encounter this problem.
    Thanks Mark for your reply.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

CAT5e wont last forever, really not designed for rolling and unrolling over extended period, it will degrade with time as all cables of that nature will. Also worth replacing the actual RJ45 connectors, again not designed for regular plugging and unplugging, I believe I read somewhere their normal life cycle is about 1,000 insertions. First port of call the cable I think.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

What we’re trying to narrow down is the origin of the problem: Surface, Mixrack or snake. If the CD player is being played from FOH and the sound cuts out, it could easily be the Surface or Snake. If a band is playing from the Mixrack and the sound cuts out, it’s probably not the snake or Surface. Can you tell us exactly what source was in use when the sound stopped?

-Mark

Annklein
    Participant

MrB,

This system is Permanently installed in a church which I am doing sound for them for 5 years over. I tried to replace the RJ45 already both end and still the same thing. but haven’t tried to change the whole cable. Thanks…

-Franklyn

Annklein
    Participant

to Mark,

Band is plugged in to Mixrack, When the band is rehearsing there is a scratching sound coming from the FOH and suddenly no sound coming out at all while the band still playing. The same thing also when I am playing the CD which is connected directly to the Surface the same thing happened sound stop but at the PFL has sound coming out.

Contacted the A&H service rep and they scheduled for their appointment. Will post the diagnostic in few days. Thank you all..

Franklyn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.