about to buy SQ6 but need advice (daw control)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions about to buy SQ6 but need advice (daw control)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikey mikey 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mikey
    mikey
    Participant

I have searched for so long for information on this but can’t seem to get what I’m after.

I am wanting to replace my current home setup which includes an XR16, X touch, 2 console 1 faders, console 1 and a steinberg cc121. I am using cubase.
    I would like to get all of that into the one package.

Is it possible to control more than just the faders and programming 2 soft keys to bank up and down? this is all i can see on every video and review/thread etc.
    Am i able to programme all of the soft keys and rotaries? Please can anyone give me some input on this. Im just basically after what i can and can not do in daw mode.
    I am happy to keep the CC121 and console 1 if needed.

I would really appreciate any responses here as I’m literally waiting on this to buy.

Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @mikey

The main DAW Control features of SQ are part of its MIDI protocol which work in conjunction with the A&H MIDI Control App.
    These include the MIDI channel strips, Bank Up/Down and MMC transport control.
    You can also use the Soft Controls to send program channels, note on/off and CC absolute/relative messages, though note that you’ll need to route these directly or using the ‘MIDI Thru’ option in A&H MIDI Control.
    In addition, if you’re into MIDI, there are many more NRPN messages sent and received by the core.

All of these different messages are detailed in the MIDI Protocol document here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-MIDI-Protocol-Issue2.pdf#page=7&zoom=auto,-361,573

If you have any questions or need help with specific applications, just pop us a message using https://support.allen-heath.com 🙂

Cheers!
    Keith.

Profile photo of mikey
    mikey
    Participant

thanks! i will bear that in mind as i have just bought it so will probably have a little list when it arrives.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.