Ableton Live Transport control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Ableton Live Transport control

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lukree Lukree 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lukree
    Lukree
    Participant

Just got an QU-24 and just love it!

I have problems setting up the MMC soft key controls, though. Installed the daw control panel for OSX and midi monitor shows that SYSEX is incoming from button press. Set Ableton live midi preferences to Mackie control and set the options in my opinion right, but still, I cannot get Ableton Live to respond to it.

Anyone else got it working? Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Lukree
    Lukree
    Participant

Bump

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

@lukree Hi Lukree, I have set it up here and it all works great!

Here’s what I did:
    Set up SoftKeys to MMC controls – on the mixer go to SETUP > CONTROL > SOFTKEYS, select SoftKey, select MMC from Function dropdown list, touch the assign box and change to the MMC message required.

Run the A&H DAW Control app on your Mac.

In Live’s MIDI Preferences select MackieControl as the control surface and DAW Control MIDI 1 for the Input and Output.

You don’t need to select on/off for any of the device ports in the track/sync/remote.

Hey, presto!

Let me know if you’re still having problems.

Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of Lukree
    Lukree
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, but no, still cannot get it working even when trying exactly as you wrote.

Still midi monitor shows incoming command and a&H Daw control app shows on bottom part that it’s receiving something when I press a button from the mixer… Strange.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.