Ability to swap banks on surface/IP controllers

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Ability to swap banks on surface/IP controllers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yvo Yvo 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Daan
    Daan
    Participant

I would love to have the ability to swap two fader banks around on the surface, and maybe even IP controllers.

Swap the A and F bank for example, or bank 1 and 3 on an IP8. Would save a lot of time and hassle (especially on IP8 when you have used advanced programming).
    Or maybe even swap the A bank from the left side of the controller with the C bank from the right side of the controller.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

You can certainly do this with scenes (safe all settings other than the fader layout). Then assign one of the softkeys to recall the scene. Repeat this as many times as needed. You’ll need one button & scene for each different layout you want, plus one for your “normal” or “original” layout.

Profile photo of Daan
    Daan
    Participant

Yes, but then you need to recreate them. It’s more of a ‘damn, I have this crazy cool layout, but I made it on the wrong layer’ thing where you could easily swap them round. Not a ‘I want a different layout for each song’ kind of thing. Altough this would be a cool feature to use prior to saving different layouts in different scenes.

I know that with the ‘Block Select’ function, you can easily drop in a load of faders.
    However, in the case of an IP8, where you can create advanced layouts that control e.g. send levels, you have to recreate them all manually.

Something that could save time on the IP8, would be that if you for example drop in ch 1-8, and then swap them over from ‘input level’ to ‘aux send level’, it would keep the channel type and number instead of defaulting to channel 1.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. I can definitely see where that would be helpful. I assume the “block function” only applies to adding channels to the layer. I’ve never tried trying to copy a block of layer channels and moving them to another layer, but I have to assume that doesn’t work. If that simple “select and move” function that already exists could be expanded to work with the layers, I think that would accomplish what you are asking for without having to get the whole “copy, paste, save, recall” elements involved.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

I agree. This is one function of the S21 that I’m missing on the Avantis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.